Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Some food at my new job.

At the one (Irish-y) burger joint in the first floor of the historic hotel where I now work at, it’s been interesting to try out all the different food on the menu.

One day after a reception, they had some chicken tenders and cheese curds left over, so they put them out in this staff area back behind the kitchen, and I found myself making detours to get them, although the cool chicken tenders were a heck of a lot better than the cold cheese curds, which were kind of gummy with breading on the bottom that was starting to get all soggy and greasy when the oil in everything cooled and settled downward, I’m assuming.

They have this one dessert drink that’s also very awesome.  It’s not my typical kind of cocktail – I’m not big on the sweet ones – but it’s creamy and coconut-y and citrus-y and it’s just good, and I can see now why my one (straggly-bearded) (thin) (white) (stoner) cook coworker gets them all the time after work for himself… In fact, it was so good that I was telling my mom about it on the phone, and she says that she thinks she’d like it, and it’s not her type of drink, either, she usually goes for amber beers!

Their salads are also really good, although they tend to be heavy on rich ingredients like cheese and fatty dressings (nothing there is too healthy, someone told me when I first started there).

The burgers also tend to be the “thick meat patty and lots of toppings” kind of burger, which isn’t my favorite, to be honest, as I tend to go for the thin patty ones with simple lettuce, onion, pickles and mustard – a “smashburger,” as people annoyingly call them, now – but still, I’ve managed to find at least one burger that I genuinely like on the menu from the 2 that I’ve tried, so I can speak about the burgers authentically with any customers who ask about what’s good or what’s my favorite or whatnot, or so I can merely comment on how good their one particular burger looks when I serve it or so I can say “good choice!” or whatever when they order the one that I like, to like bond with them over the food and stuff.

No comments: