…at the one (Irish-y) burger joint in the first floor of a historic hotel:
1) The one (bearded) (bleary-eyed) (goateed) bartender who has said in the past that such-and-such wasn’t good for his mental health gets on me again for using one of two nozzles behind the bar to refill soda water like I was told was okay during training, and he was like, “I thought I told you not to do that!”, very aggressively.
2) A (plump) (perky) (eyeshadowed) (middle-aged) (Latina?) woman is in with her family after she was just there the previous day with a friend, and she’s drinking the same thing and I recommend another drink on the menu and she immediately reminds me that we had briefly talked about this yesterday and she’d like to but she can’t because she’s allergic to pineapple juice, and I say that the one manager who knows the bar program is there and I can ask her about if the drink can be adjusted, so I run out to the one (introverted) (tattooed) (white) manager and ask her what would work, and she said that sub that the customer mentioned would, so I go tell the customer and I also tell her to specify that she has an allergy, and to keep in mind that if the drink just doesn’t work, she should return it and go back to what she knows she likes, that can happen and we checked it out as much as possible and it seems like it would work, but if it doesn’t, it doesn’t, and we do that for people, so she shouldn’t hesitate to send it back if she does end up trying that cocktail mod and doesn’t like it.
Later, then, my one (built) (jacked) (marathon-running) coworker comes out with the bill, and she’s like, “What did you do with this table?!” and she points to a 35% tip.
3) This one (perky) (middle-aged) (round-faced) (Asian-American) customer who I recognize from the one (Thai) restaurant where I used to work at is in with some friends and one of their sons, and she looks at me and asks me where she knows me from, and I tell her, and she’s like, “That’s it!”, and she says that she always gets pad thai woonsen now after I recommended that to her, and I ask her if she gets it spicy because I only eat that spicy because I think it works well with the sugar and the noodle even though I don’t like spicy food, and she says no, she just gets it regular, she never likes spicy food.
No comments:
Post a Comment