Friday, October 11, 2024

Addendum.

At the one (Thai) restaurant where I work now, my one (taller) (new) (Thai) coworker and I were talking about common behavior from (South Asian) customers, and she told me that her mom faces the same stuff all the time, at the (Thai) restaurant where she works that's closer to campus.

That restaurant is counter-service and the customer places their order and pays and then waits for it to be cooked up and then they take it to a table and eat it there or take it away, but a lot of times her mom starts cooking, and then a (South Asian) customer tries to change the order.

"NO, I CANNOT CHANGE YOUR ORDER," her mom runs out from the back of the kitchen and says, when that happens.

"Her boss lets her do that," my one (taller) (new) (Thai) coworker was like.

I pushed for more details -- with these requests, did they try to change ingredients, or switch entire dishes, like from a fried rice to pad see you? would the requested change change the amount that they had to pay, like where they were expecting you to negate or adjust the payment they'd already made? -- but she didn't know the specifics.

But, I want to find out!

No comments: