Like the past month-and-a-half or so, there's some young (queer?) things in keffiyehs sitting on the high-traffic part of the sidewalk right before you're at the farmer's market on Saturdays, just sitting there in the shade of a wall and selling water bottles or "popsicles for Palestine" (I think the hand-drawn sign on their cooler actually said that, at least one Saturday).
And, I wonder what would happen if you started talking to them, but instead of saying "mutual aid," you said "mutual masturbation."
Like, if you asked them who they were with, they would explain the genocide to you, and that they were raising funds independently to send to affected Palestinians, and as they said all of this you would just nod along like you dug it, and then at an opportune time, you'd just slip in and say, "So, this is like a, what do they call it, a mutual masturbation thing?".
I really wonder what they would do if you said that at just the right moment, and all deadpan.
No comments:
Post a Comment