Sunday, September 20, 2026

On characteristics of friends.

The other week I was talking to the one (lesbian) sister of my one (former) (assisted living) client with (disabilities), and I was saying how I wanted to try to make it to this one upcoming beatification mass in a city like a half day's trip away if I could get it off work, since it's something that doesn't happen very often and it's such a major thing and it would be cool to be there to see what happens and what it's like.

"Oh, of course," she was, quite seriously, and you could tell that she was fully behind the idea, even though she isn't (Roman Catholic) and has no substantial ties to it that I know of.

Rather, her response came from her openness to and curiosity about the world, and a love of new experiences.

You can see why we're friends. 

No comments: