Saturday, October 5, 2024

A memorable watermelon.

Like the last watermelon I got of the summer season was just gigantic -- it honestly filled up both your arms, if you carried it that way -- and, I do have to say, though I feared if it would be of good quality, it was actually the best watermelon that I had all year.

It was just crisp perfect watermelon through-and-through, like every single bit of it, and it was gigantic, to the point where it visibly pressed down the white metal rack in my refrigerator, when I first put it in there and it just sat out on a dinner plate, to catch any fugitive juices from the disc-opening that I'd carved out up on top so I could scoop out the flesh from there and then rest the rind back on top, to sort of cover it.

The whole thing cost only ten dollars, too.

The next time that I see that (Mexican- and Mexican-American) farm family, I'm going to let them know how good it was, and that whatever they did with that watermelon with seeds and growth and whatnot, they should do it again, because it was truly a watermelon to write home about.

No comments: