Sunday, September 22, 2024

Chit-chat upon my return home…

…with the one (older) (white) couple who grow organic and who have a vaguely Harley-inspired aesthetic, when the woman is like “You’re back” after I double-back to buy some more tomatoes, after I had initially bought some tomatoes from them and then I had moved on to shop other stands only to discover that they were out of my usual kale, and so I needed to improvise and plan other ingredients for different salads for that week:

Me (explaining my situation): “…and so I think I’m going to make a lot of tomato salads this week, since I can’t get the kale.”

Her: “Tomatoes are healthy. Though, they’re a lot of water.”

Me: “And fiber, I mean, you have a big salad of those, and you can get the squirts so bad.”

Her: [laughs]

. . .

No comments: