Monday, September 14, 2026

Why did I buy those cabbages?

After a short trip in July, I got back early and ran to the grocery store before work, to get some watermelon and also to restock on avocados for my morning avocado toast that I have every morning.

And, an eighty-nine cents a pound sale led me to get two cabbages, too, for making meals or for sauerkraut.

Only, the next morning at the farmer's market, larger and nicer cabbages were in season everywhere, so I immediately wondered why I hadn't thought of that before I got the ones at the supermarket.

And, I also realized that it was a mere ten days before I left for a two-week vacation to go visit my parents, and so it's not like I'd be able to cook up the cabbages into anything before then anyhow, and so they'd just take up room in my refrigerator for like almost a month. 

At the farmer's market, too, I circled back around and got carrots with nice big long carrot-greens from the one (classic rock vibe) (Harley Davidson-ish) (older) (white) guy who does organic gardening, and I told him that his carrots were tempting me too much and so I had to come back for them and buy something from him a second time that day, and I added that my one major addiction was to buy too much at the farmer's market every week.

"In terms of addictions, it's not a bad one to have," I was like.

"And we like it!", he was like. 

No comments: