Friday, September 11, 2026

Addendum.

People at this new job of mine at the one (Irish-y) burger joint in the first floor of a historic hotel certainly can get snippy with one another, a lot more overall than at my last workplace, the one (male) (Thai) owner excluded.

And apart from the behavior of the one (bearded) (bleary-eyed) (goateed) bartender with (mental health problems), it’s in the bounds of normality, but it still is unpleasant to be around, nonetheless.

I think I’ve gotten an apology from someone and once when I was snippy I apologized, too, so I guess that’s just how it is there, and people do tend to work as a team and help each other out, so it’s just one of those workplace personality things that are like momentary blips and downsides.

Still a hell of a lot better than toxic behavior from the one (husband) owner of the (Thai) restaurant that I used to work at, though.

I think a big difference is that this is behavior among peer employees, versus top-down from someone above you in the management chain.

At this new place, too, the owners and all of the managers are all pretty nice, and if a mistake happens or something they’ll teach you the right way to do it without blame or judgment.

The clique-ish behavior is also a little offputting, but that’s only really like after work and not during the workday, and several people from it are leaving soon, so that’s vaguely unpleasant but it doesn’t really bother me and it will also probably be shifting soon, when some of the more self-uncomfortable people finish their academic programs at the local university and move on.

No comments: