Monday, August 24, 2026

A recent-ish dream:

A number of months ago I dreamnt –

I’m opening this container of leftover aglio-et-olio spaghetti or whatever the f*ck you call it, some that I’d kept in a glass container for serving and then for keeping in my fridge for reheating later, and as I wash out the stray pieces of spaghetti from the side of the container, it becomes clear that there’s entire layers of spoiled spaghetti still left at the bottom, somehow, and it’s like spaghetti that had stuck together in the pot during boiling since I didn’t stir it up enough or add enough oil to the water or whatever when I boiled it, and as I go to get it out it becomes clear that there’s more and more of it just there at the bottom of the container, just wasted, and somehow I never knew that that much of it had gone bad.

 . . .

(. . .)

No comments: