…at the one (Irish-y) burger joint in the first floor of a historic hotel, that I now work at:
1) My one (white) (young) (gay-ish) (ponytailed) coworker who grew up a town over says that he will never eat at this one major national pizza chain, because in high school he worked in that particular pizza chain back in the town that he grew up in and it was filthy there, and though it’s probably a “there” thing and not representative of the larger chain, it still left such a bad impression on him that he just doesn’t want to eat there anymore.
2) When there’s reception leftovers and I don’t want to overclaim but I also will take anything that’s left over that people truly don’t want, I explain that in so many words, and then my one (eccentric) (blonde) (semi-manger) coworker tells me not to worry, *nothing* like that ever gets thrown out where we work, “because we’re all trash pandas here.”
3) When I go behind the bar for a soda refill very late at night after the standard soda machine is shut down like I was taught to do during training, I go to the one not by where the one (bearded) (bleary-eyed) (goateed) bartender with (mental health problems) is making some cocktail, but then he comes back by there and tells me to get out of his way, although he later apologizes, and he says why didn’t I see the stuff out on the mat there – like some shot glasses laid out and stuff – but I say that I don’t know what’s going on, I’ve never tended bar in my life, maybe that’s end-of-night stuff when they’re breaking everything down, I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment