Thursday, November 9, 2023

Addendum.

One thing I used to do occasionally with my one (skeptical) (Mexican) coworker from the resthome where I used to work at is joke that she was a cat burglar art thief who was going to go sneak into museums and pilfer masterworks after she got off of shift.

(For some reason after she changed out of her workclothes at the end of shift and we would all wait for the clock to turn to a certain number so we could clock out, she almost always wore a completely black outfit, like very dark black pants and a tight-fitting very dark long-sleeved t-shirt with a high-ish almost turtleneck-like neck.)

"No, I am going home," she would say to me.

"See, that's your alibi," I would be like, and she would just go "Eh!" and make a swatting gesture with her hand at me.

One time she also broke down her jigsaw puzzle tips for me, on what you do when you're stuck: you have to switch what your eyes see and group by color, or look for very specific edges.

She was very intense and driven like that.

. . .

(Her memory really is a blessing.)

No comments: