Sunday, August 8, 2021

Three resthome happenings...

...on the same gray day:

1) Before my shift, I go into the resthome salon for my second haircut of the pandemic, since I had been cutting my hair at home and I only had started getting a professional haircut again when the resthome salon finally reopened after everyone got their vaccinations, and after it's all done and the (older) (French) hair stylist shows it to me, he's like, "The last haircut was half correction, now this is a haircut!"

2) The resident who I swear always has a southern accent wore a bright yellow blouse, and when I said it was so cheery and nice on a day like that day, she was like, "If that's all it takes to make you happy, then great!"

3) With this like 80-piece mini-puzzle the one (very introverted) resident gifted to the common room but then said I could take home and do, I had taken it home and timed myself (twelve minutes and thirteen seconds!), then I brought it back in to challenge my one (skeptical) (Mexican) coworker since she does jigsaw puzzles, but she didn't even take it home to do it, instead she did it in a quiet corner of the closed activity room on the very slow, very late part of that same shift (ten minutes and five seconds!).

"That's good," I was like.

"I used to be faster," she was like.

"That's very obnoxious," I was like. "You win, and then you say, I used to be faster. You need to be more gracious in victory. You're supposed to say things like, 'I was lucky,' or, 'Don't worry, you will do better next time.' Not, I used to be faster."

And, she laughed.

She also said that most of the time she doesn't even look at the picture, she just groups the colors and goes from there, besides looking at the shape of the pieces.

A few weeks ago her daughter-in-law also gave her a sudoku book and taught her how to do that, and she's already done like ninety of them and is almost done with the book.

I also told her that I told the one (very introverted) resident who gave us the puzzle to use, that if we had a major argument and never spoke again, that it was all her fault.

No comments: