Friday, August 24, 2007

On the bugs in the Danish Haven...

Two nights ago I crushed another silverfish, this time with my thumb, since there was no paper handy and it was moving fast. I left its body out as a warning and I haven't seen any other silverfish since.

(I was mistaken in my previous posts; I meant "silverfish", not "earwigs".)

A spider has set up shop near my lovely IKEA soft-lighting crepe lamp, and I wonder if that has something else to do with there being no silverfish the past couple nights.

I wonder why the silverfish keep being seen by my lamp. My Danish Haven could hardly be cleaner, and there's no food sources for them, apart from the olive oil I rubbed into multiple places in the floor and the 145 (now 138) books stacked directly on the floor.

2 comments:

el blogador said...

That last link was a "Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer..."-type gesture. I've heard that blogs can have a high entrance barrier due to their being self-referential.

JUSIPER said...

I still don't know what an earwig is. For someone who's so squeamish about blood, you certainly don't seem to have a problem with squashing insects.