Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hissed telephone conversation on the bus.

There are types of cell phone conversations that I like to overhear, and then there are some that I don't. I don't like to hear college-age white girls talking, since it's mostly about what they're doing this weekend, okay?, and, like, if they're totally going to friend someone on facebook. When I hear shit like that, I'm like, I didn't live this long and am pushing thirty to be subjected to this bullshit. But, on the other hand, I like to hear grown black women's conversations, often.

Anyways, the other day this woman behind me on the bus wasn't talking loudly enough, but she was speaking fiercely and almost on the verge of hissing, and the only thing I could pick up was her saying "You act like you got some sense. You work this out between yourselves, you understand?" I wonder what that was about.

No comments: