Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Learning Hebrew.

I'm trying to learn Hebrew this summer. I'd been lazy and all summer only got through one lesson, but now I'm trying to book through one a day. I finally got to written exercises, and I started writing the numbers on the left side of the page before I had to erase and start writing from the upper right:
It's very odd looking at the page and seeing my hand, but not knowing why since the writing system is unlike anything I've ever written and I don't know what's particularly me about it.

It's also interesting how I picked up a piece of scrap paper to start writing on. After I did this, I remembered that most of school exercises preserved from Antiquity are found on scraps of papyrus that had been primarily used for something else but had blank space available on the back or wherever.

No comments: