Saturday, July 28, 2007

My godmother almost got scammed.

So, my godmother's son is trying to sell his jeep, so she keeps it on the street in front of their house with a "For Sale" sign on it, and one day this guy with half the teeth missing in the upper right part of his mouth came to the front door and rang the doorbell and asked about the jeep. My godmother got a bad feeling, so she didn't open the door, but went upstairs to get her son. After he came down, he was nasty to the guy when the guy tried to talk them down in price, and the guy ended up going away.

Anyhow, I guess that simultaneous to this, there's this scam going around where a bunch of Hispanics are going around to different people's houses in Detroit and if they see an older car out there in front of some homes, they go ask people if it's for sale, and if someone looks like they're home alone, they either knock them out and rob them or distract them so someone can go in the back door and rob them while they're busy. So, my godmother was like, "And I was talking to Claudia, and she started telling me about this scam and was asking me if this guy was Hispanic, but I said, 'Oh no, I don't think so, he didn't have any teeth.'"

No comments: