Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Swingers's BBQ (26 of several): Downstairs again.

When I was downstairs again later, I came onto the porch where the younger people were, only the hairy young blonde guy had fled...

Earlier, I had talked to the half-Asian dude some, who spoke with me with evident distrust when he found out I studied religious studies, though he himself had attended a Catholic-affiliated college that was pretty secularized, though it had some vestigial theological requirements.

"You sure you're not going to be a priest?", he kept asking, sullenly, like I was a ghost from his past out to spoil his fun.

Anyhow, when I was downstairs again later, I wandered to that part of the porch to see if my friend was still successfully chatting up the bi girl, and there was some random girl who kind of looked like the bi girl, only a lot less heavy, and she was standing behind the half-Asian dude with her hands up his shirt, and his head was thrown back with his eyes half-closed, and you could tell she was rubbing his chest and then stopping every once in a while to give a playful little pinch to his nipples, and a small smile shot across his face every time she did that.

My friend was still chatting up the bi girl, so I kind of backed off down to the bbq table to get some more pasta salad - I put it in a red Solo cup to make it easier to carry around with me and eat - and then I noticed that a lot of people were congregating up on the upper porch that led into the swingers's and their ghost-hunting roommate's apartment, only the door was closed and the window shade drawn, and every once in a while someone would slip out of the door without opening it fully - in fact, it mostly seemed to be the tattooed art school student with the pixie cut who had changed her clothes a few times during the night, and she seemed to be doing some kind of hostessing or messenger-type function, though it wasn't clear which.

It was starting.

No comments: