Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Swingers's BBQ (19 of several): The young people who chatted up my friend.

My one friend kept getting chatted up by this not-unpretty curvy white girl with dark hair and a little jiggle in her middle and a double chin, though she packed it all into her shirt pretty nicely and was kept getting circled by one of the two guys she came with, this tall blonde guy who was really cut and had really hairy arms with the hair going all the way around his forearms and up at the same length under his t-shirt sleeves, which were short and relatively high up on his upper arms.

The other guy she came with, who wasn't circling around her, was half Asian and half Caucasian, and was good-looking enough but something was fucked up with his head and his one half of his face wasn't symmetrical with the other (maybe his mammy drank too much sake when he was in the womb?, who knows).

Anyhow, the girl kept telling my friend she was bi and they kept wanting to take the conversation further, so I went to go grab a new beer from the cooler by the blonde dude, and I was like, "How you doing?"

It turned out that he and his friends knew each other from work at the hospital system associated with my university, and then when he asked what I did and I said I studied religion, he was like, "One of the most important books I've ever read in my life was Ernest Sandeen's 'Roots of Fundamentalism'."

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

Um... Mammy was black. I'm pretty sure about this because I saw Gone With the Wind just a few days ago. It was both greater and far more dreadful than I remembered.