Sunday, August 16, 2009

Favor.

The other week I was sitting having coffee outside at a Starbucks downtown, and this kind of late 30s on-the-fat-side white blonde woman with a summer blouse and a small dog that she obviously focuses her life on because she doesn't have a boyfriend walks up to my table and is like, "I'm just going to tie her here for a minute while I run in, and she's going to start to scream, but don't worry, that's okay, that's just normal for her."

"If that's the case," I was like, "Would you mind tying her up somewhere else? I'm studying, and don't want to be disturbed."

The woman looked blankly at me for like five seconds, then was like "All right," and turned to walk away, and then as she walked away was like, "How rude," purposefully loud enough so I could hear.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

No one really wants an honest answer.

I started with the more recent post above, so when I saw something about someone asking to tie something up at a Starbucks I thought it was a person, not a dog.