Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Drain.

So, this past weekend my drain, which has been clogging up of late, clogged up permanently and wouldn't go down at all, even when I left the water overnight. I mentioned this to my friends, and the one said that suntan lotion can put the nail in the coffin on an already-clogged drain, so my sunbathing so much this summer and the SPF30 that enables it is probably at fault.

(This morning, too, when I put some of cheap pomade on, I realized that that couldn't be good either, since it's basically Vaseline with some artificial scent.)

Anyhow, on Saturday I called the janitor in my building, and the liquid plumber-equivalent he used didn't work, even though he let that sit overnight - I had taken a bucket to the tub and gotten rid of the excess water for him before he started work -and then on Sunday he had to take out some panel and use some snake thing, which didn't work either, and when I headed downtown for some shit, he had removed my radiator on the other side of the wall from the tub so he could get at a panel that would let him get at the plumbing.

When I got home that night, it was fixed, so I wrote up a thank-you note and dropped it at their office. It seems like the repairs where a nightmare, and that I fucked up majorly by not alerting them earlier. I'm so ashamed, causing them all that work.

No comments: