Friday, December 12, 2008

Black neighborhood bar / Mexicans.

So, last night I went for a drink at the black neighborhood bar with a friend. They had a shitload of very nice Christmas decorations up - a tree, lights, garlands - and the day bartender who had put them up and does the Sunday afternoon football buffets was there, so I went up and hugged her and was like, "The place looks great!", and though she didn't seem to be able to place me at first she was like, "Did you like the tree!?!?!"

When I was getting a table with my friend - the bar was packed because of the football game on - we were just sitting down, and this black dude who was also just going to sit down was like, "Mind if I take this seat?", and took the seat my friend was going to sit in just before she was going to sit in it, and the (black) people next to us were looking like what was up with that, so I mugged a shrug to them and the one (black) woman ("Mickey") with a knit cap on then stood up, came over to me, gave me a hug and a kiss near my neck, and whispered in my ear, "I wanted you to know that that look you gave was so cute," and she touched my arm, when she was finishing saying that.

Later, she came over to our table and was talking with me and my friend, and at one point she turned to me and was like, "You know who you look like? Carson Kressley!"

"What is it, the shirt and sweater or something?", I was like.

"No," she was like, "It just looks like you could decorate or something," and then she was like, "I'm not saying you're gay or anything."

A little later, somehow we were talking about how she used to live in Seattle -- "It's a really tolerant place," she said as an aside, looking at me -- and then she began talking about Alaska and how she had some native friend from there who didn't want to go back - the story was kind of confused, it sounded like her friend was a lesbian or something, which made me wonder if she was too, it was kind of odd - and then she was like, "You guys ever been in Alaska?", and when I said my brother had lived there and I had visited him, she was like, "Did he ever meet Sarah Palin?", and then added, "Did you?"

"Meet her?", I was like, "I nailed her daughter!", and the woman laughed at that, though then she leaned forward and touched my arm again and was like, "You do know that's wrong, don't you."

Much later, at another bar, my friend admitted to me that she doesn't like Mexicans, and was saying that though she has Mexican friends, all the Mexicans at the restaurant where she manages are just a pain in the ass since they are all stuck in this machismo thing, "Which I don't get," she was like, "Because they're short, and from the sounds of it they're all fucking each other."

She then added that she does think Mexicans are lazy, and she hates it when people point out the long hours they work, since though that's true, they don't do shit most of the time.

No comments: