Thursday, November 6, 2008

More election...

1) When I was in the black neighborhood bar, the (black) day bartender was there, who I had never met before since I never drink in the daytime unless it's a summer afternoon at a yuppie beergarten, and when Obama got elected and the place went nuts and the people on tv went nuts, she went around behind the bar half-genuinely and half-sarcastically raising her hands and being like, "Praaaaise Jeeesus, Praaaise, Jeesus," and then after a bit, stopping and holding up her one hand and being like, "Do I feel the spirit in here?"

2) Yesterday at school I ran into one of the (black) secretaries I know at the building coffee shop, and when I asked her like I've been asking everyone else how did they enjoy the election results and how late they stayed up, she was like, "Don't tell anyone, but I was tired and went to sleep early," and when I laughed and told her I'd take that to the grave, she was like, "I'm serious now, don't go telling a soul now."

No comments: