Monday, November 3, 2008

Silverfish / Ticket / Button / Campaign.

I walked down the backstaircase at school where I had smashed a silverfish with the bare palm of my hand last week. Its carcass was still on the wall.

I'm a little pissed about how the Obama campaign did tickets on (as I understand it) a first-come, first-served online basis. This rewards people who are on the internet and fuck around all day, not people like me who actually get shit done and am not on Facebook every frickin' moment of every frickin' day and still find time to volunteer, unlike those fools. It probably also benefits white people more, because of the digital divide.

On another note, I really hate people in non-swing states who wear their Obama buttons all the time. Why? It's more about them than the campaign, I feel. I only wear mine when I'm in a swing state. I feel I have weird privacy issues like that, somehow.

In terms of campaigning, my mom finally got around to doing it today in my hometown back in Michigan, and she wrote this e-mail to me this evening under the subjectline "mission accomplished":

Just stopping by the library to let you know that I worked all day on the Obama campaign. I left 59 hangee things on doors and spoke to 23 people. The best was a lady in her 30's who wanted to vote strictly for the medical marijuana proposal...forget Obama. I'm sure she thought it was for the legalization of marijuana.......you go girl!

...

I stopped by the [community college center where my father teaches sometimes] to see Dad before his class. There he was in the parking lot reading a Parker book and almost dozing off............told him I was going to tell you that.

Tomorrow I will stopping by the headquarters after I get out of work at 1pm.

Tomorrow's the BIG day.......................

Love, MomXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I wonder how her volunteering will go tomorrow. I will be in Indiana.

No comments: