Monday, November 3, 2008

Reception / Colleagues.

From the program of a conference I went to this weekend:

Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies Reception
7:00pm-8:30pm...

The Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies invites all those interested in the intersection of religious studies and Holocaust studies for refreshments, networking, and conversation. For more information on our programs and fellowship opportunities, please see [weblink removed].

I also saw had dinner with my one Dutch friend's German friend, her Swedish lover, and my other German friend who was visiting last night, so I could introduce the two Germans to each other.

My one Dutch friend's German friend, who is also my friend, at some point was telling my other German friend that she would send him this essay-critique that someone in her department had written up since he would find it interesting.

"Yes," she was like, "He wrote it up in Europe and said that e-mail was too inconvenient, and since the gay website where his profile is had a texting function, we all had to sign up and make a profile so he could text us his essay from his profile, where he had pictures of his thirty-inch cock, and the information that he was a bottom. It was very difficult, but people in the humanities always have to be different, you know," she was like.

No comments: