Friday, November 7, 2008

More Obama stuff: At the French bakery.

1) At the French bakery in my neighborhood, the handwritten bakery placard for their "morning roll" (a big pastry roll covered in sugar) now has the Obama sun-rising logo hand-drawn next to it.

2) Also at the French bakery in my neighborhood, this plastic counter placemat they have taped in front of the cashregister with all the presidents on it now has a cut-out of Obama's face cut out and pasted down as the next president. I had asked the monolingual French owner if she had drawn the Obama sun-rising logo on the morning roll placard, and she had pointed out the pasted-down cut out of Obama's face to me and said something fast in French.

"Did you get that?", the college-age counter girl who speaks French asked me after the owner stopped talking to me and left to take care of something.

"Like half," I lied.

"Oh," she was like, nicely, and then was like, "She just said that she had considered pasting Obama over Bush so we could all erase the last eight years from our memories."

No comments: