Friday, March 7, 2008

Game etc.

Last night I was out with people drinking, and this guy I know who's Canadian was there at the bar with his IM broomball team since they had just won the championship and were celebrating, and since I always give him shit for being Candian, he challenged me to pick out by sight which three other people besides him at the table were Canadian, and which one of those was francophone. I got two of the three, which is pretty good for a group of fifteen people, and then the rest of the night I would bring friends over and challenge them to the same game. None of them could pick out my friend, since he's of Korean descent, and when I'd point him out as Canadian, they'd be like, "But he's Asian, he doesn't count!", and I'd be like, "Bullshit he doesn't count, he's just as much Canadian as the rest of them."

Later, when another friend of mine was guessing and this new guy had joined the table, he pointed to the new guy who had joined the table and was like, "That's the francophone one," and when I asked my friend if this new guy was francophone Canadian, he was like, "He is, how did you know?", and my other friend was like, "Who else would wear one of those white zipper jacket bullshit things?"

Honestly, best bar game ever.

This morning I shit four times, kind of a squirty brown liquid, followed by gooey tannish heaps.

Last night, too, I had some bad dreams, including one in which I was at the seashore with some people and we went on the tour of this island Spanish-fort-loooking place that used to be owned by a recluse who was a mechanical genius and had now been turned into a museum since he died, and we saw these gigantic wind-up machines one of which had a mechanical dancing bear made of exposed gearworks off on its side, and resembled almost like a bear leaning out of a bathtub, and we also saw an antiquated train engine, this one being #4 (there were several), which had timed whistles built into the steam release pipe so it would play intricate music when it ran, though now it was behind a giant glass case and so you couldn't hear it.

Another nearby island (both of them were not very far off shore and you could swim or ride a boat to them; we paid a motor-boat man to take us out to the castle) was intriguing looking because it was green and surprisingly meadow-y and not very elevated and really beautiful, so I swam over with some people to see it, and somehow the island was partially submerged due to tides and its being an independent floating object that was half-sunken, and when we tried to climb onto this partially submerged dock that would give us footing to get onto the island, we made it onto the dock, only when we got really close to the island it flipped (how could it flip when it was already underwater? I don't quite get that, but that's how it happened), and I found myself forced underwater under a giant metal plate, though I don't remember what happened afterwards. All the while, though, I knew that the island was a owned by other people, almost like a private island of the rich.

No comments: