Thursday, March 6, 2008

Further stories from my friend...

So, the other night I mentioned to my one friend who mans the main library desk about how I was going to dance lessons on Tuesday, and she was asking which dances I was taking and had taken, and when I said I had taken cha-cha, she said she used to dance cha-cha to that one song that goes "Another Saturday night/ and I ain't got nobody". When I asked if she ever danced the cha-cha to "Duke of Earl" (I was thinking of that one scene from Hairspray, though I didn't say it!), she said no.

Then, when I asked her if she knew how to do the Mashed Potatoes, she was in her chair, and she started stomping the tip of her one foot and then the other, and then all of a sudden, she smacked her head and was like, "No, that's the Roach!", and she started singing the lyrics from "The Roach" quietly but energetically in her gospel voice from church.

Later, when she said it's her birthday and I asked her how old she was and she told me, I was like, "Oh, you're right between how old my parents are, you guys could be a sandwich," and she was like, "And I'd be the liver!"

A little while after that, she was saying how the worst pain she ever had was a few years ago at this roller rink when she was skating, and she was skating so bad they put her in the kids section, and she fell down even then and whacked her head, and this little five year old skated right up to her and asked her if he could help her up, and she was like, "No, you can't, but while you're here, go remove those goddamn skates!"

4 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Oh my God, she knew "The Roach?"

el blogador said...

She started doing it spontaneously.

JUSIPER said...

How about "The Bug?"

el blogador said...

I never thought to ask. I'll ask when she works again on Sunday.