Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dinner out and a gay martini.

I was out for dinner yesterday with a few masters students who just got back to town at this one chic Thai restaurant with creative drinks. I got there a little late, and the waiter had already taken their drink orders and carded them, but as soon as I sat down, he hopped over to the table and leaned right in and asked what I wanted and didn't bother to card me and gave me all the attention in the world throughout the meal, though later when my one friend decided to finally order a drink, he carded her again, though he had already done that when they first sat down and she was thinking of maybe getting a drink.

Anyways, I finally decided to get a "saktini", a martini made up with sake and strips of lemon and cucumber peel, but instead of saying "sock-tini" (="sake" + "'tini"), I insisted on saying "sack-tini", so when the waiter came back to get my drink order, I leaned in and was like, "I would love that sack-tini." He didn't notice.

No comments: