Tuesday, June 18, 2024

A reply to a running joke.

A while ago I was taking a weekend trip to a nearby town and was taking an early afternoon bus to get there, and so I wanted to hit up this small local breakfast café that I never get a chance to go to, that’s near the bus station.

And, I asked my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker to come join me, and she did, and she had us take pictures of each other to send to our one (tall) (new) (Thai) coworker, but when it was my turn to take a picture of her, she covered her eyes for the picture, and somehow that started everyone saying that I went to breakfast with “a secret girlfriend.”

Then, a while after that, I wanted to check out this limited-time brunch special dish at a nearby café that everyone was talking about, but the place has weird hours, and so my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker couldn’t go with me, and so I was saying that my secret girlfriend left me, I’m so sad, etc. etc., and sometimes I’d make more elaborate jokes like it was tough for me to work, since every time I’d see my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker, she’d remind me of my secret girlfriend, and it would make me sad all over again.

And, a few days after that, for some reason I slept poorly, and when my one (older) (Thai) coworker who’s a whiz at the phones asked me why, I was like, “Because my secret girlfriend left me.”

“Move on,” she was like.

No comments: