Sunday, June 26, 2022

Two moments from a neighborhood walk...

 ...with my one former assisted living client with disabilities's (lesbian) sister:

1) "That chicken's dead," she's like, as we walk past a free range chicken coop that some neighbors keep and see a (black) feathered chicken lying down like downward dog position with its head on the ground toward the wire fence, but then I'm like, "No, look, it's breathing," even as we notice that there's a ton of insects on its head, and so I decide to go knock at the door and let the residents know, and right away when I tell this (younger) (lanky) (mixed race) (like late high school or college-aged) girl that there's a problem with her one chicken, she's like, "They're free range," and I'm like, "No, it got hit by a car or something," and from behind me my friend is like, "Its breathing is labored," and then the girl runs out to check.

"I thought you'd want to know," I was like to her, as we left.

"I guess we know who's having chicken for dinner tonight," my one client's (lesbian) sister was then like just to me, as we walked away.

2) "Look at the honeysuckle," my one client's lesbian sister is like to me, pointing out a bush and instructing me to smell it.

"How did they get that flower to smell like that soap?", I was like, straightfacedly.

No comments: