Friday, July 1, 2022

Another incident in the local economy.

When I went to the one fingerprinting place on the far side of town to get my 2 new background checks rolling for my upcoming dual citizenship application, it turned out that the (youngish) (spacy) (mildly lighter skinned) (black) lady with a large but understated upper arm tattoo was a traveling nurse who was new to town, and the (older) (heavily make-upped) (white) lady with (flowing) (white and melon) pants whose pants she complimented to her -- "They look so nice, and the color matches your skin" -- was a head of nursing in a neighboring town like a half hour away, and I at that point self-identified as having a lower-level healthcare license, too, and so the nursing director tried to woo us both to come work for her, us three being all of the entire fingerprinting place clientele sitting there at that point.

 "I need nurses," she was like, and when I mentioned my license, she was like, "I need [license acronym]s, too." 

She also said that no-one wants to work, and that all of the nurses are becoming traveling nurses, since they can work when they want and make twice the money, and if they cancel a shift, there's no repercussions on them, since the agencies don't care.

And, the (older) (short-haired) (white) lady who was doing the fingerprinting said that she gets a lot of traveling nurses coming through now, for background checks.

"Come work for me," the one nursing director was like to the traveling nurse, "I just started so they're not looking at me too closely, and I can probably bump your starting wage up a bit."

No comments: