Saturday, July 2, 2022

Wonders of nature (1 of 2): Nighttime walk.

The summer nights are so hot here, that some very late evenings I take a stroll when it's dark out and it's starting to cool down, both to get out of the house a little bit and also to enjoy the night.

Like twice, I've gone south to this one big field park that's just south of me and that has these tall towering trees, and there I've walked around the edge of the park and then come straight back through the middle, and when you've walked around halfway through the park and are at the farthest point away from everything, it's pretty dark and very quiet, and there's just all these fireflies everywhere.

The last time that I walked through there, too, they were even high up off the ground up into the bottom of the trees, I could see.

I do make sure to carry my pepper spray with me, and have my "huge sound and flash" alarm ready to pull at any moment, just in case.  It doesn't seem risky to be there at night, but you really never do know.

No comments: