Saturday, September 25, 2021

Resthome training.

Like 3 or 4 weeks ago, we had a training at the resthome, on the nature of hospice, since sometimes there's hospice staff who come in to work with people.

And, at one point, the hospice worker was saying that if someone says that they see something, you don't try to convince them otherwise, but just roll with it, and be like, "Yes, that's your aunt there, but I'm Mary, and I'm here to take your blood pressure."

And, then she added that that happens so much, that she herself thinks that there's something that can happen with spirits visiting.

And, I had gotten there late and was sitting away from the big table where everybody else was sitting at, and when the hospice worker said that, I could see my one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor start to nod along.

Later, the hospice worker asked who has cried when working with people, and only 3 higher-ups raised their hands, but then the hospice worker was like, "Really?!", and then like over half the people there timidly put their hands in the air.

Later later, my one (Tibetan) coworker who was born in Nepal turned around and smacked my foot, since I had my legs crossed and my foot was sticking out about a foot behind her right hand.

Then, she grabbed a box of cream cheese-frosted mini-bundt cakes that were sitting on the table, and she offered me some.

"Here," she was like.

And, I told her that she knows me and had read my mind, since I had been wanting some ever since I got there and saw them.

"I know," she was like.

No comments: