Thursday, September 23, 2021

Resthome semi-announcement.

Since I've finally seen that enough writing is on the wall, I thought it best to tell my one (Filipina) supervisor that it's not totally set, but I'm leaning towards moving away from the city by winter, for safety's sake.

And, she wasn't surprised, since she's noticed and heard things, too, and she thinks that it's going to take at least a few years for things to start settling down and getting back to normal again.

And, the one (older) (Togolese) kitchen worker wasn't surprised, either, since she thinks the city nowadays is "strange."

Also also, the one (older) (white) (gay) front desk worker was saying that he's noticed homelessness getting really bad too; he can either have a long walk home at night or take the subway train a couple of short stops south, and he says down at the south end of the stop he gets off at, this year there's been a homeless encampment that never used to be there, and also on his way home at night if he walks, there's been this other new homeless encampment at this one corner, where at night sometimes, too, you can see people sleeping in a cellar staircase of a nearby business.

Also also also, my one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor said "No!" when I told her that I was thinking of leaving, and she said that I can always move in with her.

Later that night, I talked with her more about the increasing crime in the city, and I said that it's a problem for me because I don't believe in reincarnation, so I'm more afraid of death.

"That is a problem," she was like.

I then asked her what I would come back as, if I reincarnated.

"My husband," she was like.

"Is that a reward or a punishment?', I was like.

"Reward," she was like.

No comments: