Monday, September 20, 2021

Resthome coworker moment: Surprise.

Last month at the resthome, I was going to the stairwell to head up to our office, and my one (newer) (Filipina) coworker was opening the door just as I was coming in.

I did a mock joke like I got knocked backwards and was like, "That's a nice way to treat a person!", but she seemed like her head was elsewhere, but happy, and was like, "I have something to show you," and she pulled up her sleeve and pointed to her left upper arm.

And, after I gave her a confused look, she was like, "I got the shot, I wanted you to know."

. . .

(Because of past bad vaccine reactions, she was holding off on getting the Covid vaccine, and after the delta variant started emerging, I told her that she should maybe talk again with a doctor and reconsider the risk calculus, since it was starting to get dangerous again, and I didn't want anything to happen to her.)

No comments: