Friday, September 24, 2021

Odd afterwards.

That very night that I made my resthome semi-announcement that I'm thinking of leaving and moving away from the city because of bad vibes and mounting urban problems, my trip home was very telling.

First off, I bumped into the one (older) (black) (bald) (fresh-faced) public transportation worker that I know, and since my train wasn't coming for another ten minutes, I asked him if he had noticed anything, lately.

He said that they usually get 7-8 track jumpers a year on the line that he works on - like, people who jump on the tracks to kill themselves - but, in the past 2 weeks, they had gotten *three*.

Then, on the train home, it was a bit crowded because they weren't running enough trains, and like five stops before I got home, there was this (thin) (older middle-aged) (dark-skinned black) (homeless guy) who got on the train, sat down, and pulled his feet out of shoes and just rested his feet on top of his sneakers all the way the rest of the ride until I got off the train to go home, and probably afterwards, too.

Then, when I was bicycling my short hop home from the stop, I biked past this one park on my route like I always do, and by the corner of the park building on the street side there were two cars pulled up and like 8-10 (like 20s-ish) (black) people hanging out and milling around the open doors, even though nearby bars were shut up for the night and seemed to have been for a long time.

Never seen that before.

I couldn't see exactly what they were doing, but I also wasn't trying to look, either.

No comments: