Saturday, September 18, 2021

Caffeine free Diet Coke.

At the resthome, the one resident with a good sense of humor would sometimes invite me to have a caffeine-free Diet Coke with him, when I was in his room assisting him and sometimes staying a little bit longer to talk with him a bit.

Only, though I like that stuff, it was completely the wrong time of day always, and I never felt like a Coke just right then, and I always told him that.

Then, after he passed away, his daughter was cleaning out his room, and she left a bunch of Coke at the front desk for whoever wanted it and the front desk person called out for anyone to come claim it, and I said I'd take it if no-one else wanted it, and no-one did by the end of the night, so I ended up taking it home.

Then, whenever every once in a while I'd pull out a Coke and drink it, I'd think of that resident; it's like I finally was taking him up on his offer.

Good memories.

No comments: