Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Homelessness paranoia.

A few weeks ago when I was out and about in the city for some errands and then to meet a friend, I was accosted by a (homeless) person in front of a major government building, and then I saw another (homeless) person plopped on a corner and begging right out in front of a Whole Foods in a yuppie neighborhood that I went to.

And, I thought to myself, that I had never been accosted like that or seen a beggar there like that before. 

But, I also was wondering if my perceptions were off, so I texted 2 of my friends who were in those places more often, and both had said that they had seen that before and that it happens, even going back to before the pandemic.

I wonder if I'm getting paranoid about signs of increased homelessness in the city?

No comments: