Sunday, September 12, 2021

A day at the resthome last month.

At the resthome last month, the one retired school nurse resident was saying that this one resident who's an introvert was out for a dentist's appointment just that day, and that she was shocked by the number of tents of homeless people out in this large park that's kind of nearby and a little bit to the south of us. 

Oddly enough, I had also been by there just that day, and I honestly thought that there were like honestly twice as many tents of homeless people out in the park as usual (like maybe sixteen, to around like maybe usually eight or so).

Towards the end of the shift, too, I mentioned all of this to my one (Filipina) coworker who I was on shift with, and she said that just that past week she had seen a guy out by a bus stop midway between work and where she lives, and he was sitting out there with all of his stuff and suitcases, and you could tell that they weren't suitcases like a homeless person had, and he seemed confused, too, like he didn't know what to do, and she said that he must have just gotten evicted.

"It's starting," she was like.

Then, at the very end of shift, I was talking with my one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor and the subject of studying other cultures came up, and she said that she loved to learn about all other cultures, and I asked her how much education she had, and she said just high school, but she was also a paratrooper in the (Indian) army.

"I never show you pictures?", she was like. "I jump out of plane once a year."

No comments: