Thursday, February 25, 2021

(Tibetan) New Year tidbit.

Back in January, my one (quieter) (Tibetan) coworker at the resthome asked me to fill in for her one day in mid-February, and it was only the day before that when I was at the resthome and I had mentioned to someone that I was filling in, that they were like, "Oh yeah, they're all doing that, it's Tibetan New Year's this weekend."

So, I googled and it turns out that they were right, and so I texted a Tibetan New Year's greeting to all of my coworkers who I had in my phone contacts.

And, my one (male) (Tibetan) coworker who no longer works at the resthome and I ended up chit-chatting and catching up some by text, and he even sent me a very cute picture of how big his son is getting.

And so after that for like the next week, here and there I showed the baby picture to a few coworkers who know him, and they were all like, "Oh wow, he is getting so big!"

And then, when I showed the picture to my one (older) (stockier) (Tibetan) coworker, she was like, "Oh, he looks like the mother, that is nice, light skin."

No comments: