Saturday, February 27, 2021

Seeing friends during Covid.

Last month, my one (straight) friend who's into BDSM was in town, so I met him on the back patio of a restaurant that I had heard ran things safely, and then afterwards I met my one art school colleague who wears (women's) clothes, since he lives close by to there and it made sense to double up on socialization.

My one (straight) friend who's into BDSM says the admin of the college where he teaches seems to be using Covid to shift more professors onto permanently teaching online, so he's feeling out whether he could do that one whole term a year, and then live elsewhere than his rural campus for like over half of the year.

My one art school colleague who wears (women's) clothes had to stop at a drugstore on his way to the bar, and he very kindly picked up an 8-pack of toilet paper for me, for which I picked up that much more of the bill, ultimately, as we had agreed upon.

We ordered deep-fried bar potato chips with this bowl of thick white clotty cheese sauce, and a thing of fries, too.

"All potatoes!", my one art school colleague was like.

Oddly, the bar had no menus, but instead a bar code that you had to scan with your phone to even look up the menu, for those people who know how to do that...

By that point we had moved inside and sat in a far corner of the bar far away from other people; we gamed out that it was probably safe, since it was early in the evening and not that many people had been in the bar all day, and the air capacity and flow seemed good, too, and so overall it didn't seem like someplace with a high viral load in the air.

On that note, my one (straight) friend who's into BDSM had said earlier that the city I live in does a lot better following general mask protocols, than the city on the Great Plains where his parents live and where he had visited them earlier this year after quarantining for 2 weeks like you're supposed to do.

No comments: