Saturday, May 23, 2020

Addendum: "Quality Street."

At the retirement party, they had a tin of chocolates out, some Nestle brand called "Quality Street."

Like I told the one (Ghanaian-American) kitchen manager who's cool and who's also (American black) and who I sometimes speak Spanish with, "Quality street...  Like yo' mamma."

At that, she just rolled her eyes at me and shook her head in patient tolerance.

Then, I saw the one (Mexican) kitchen worker who's cool and who I talk Spanish with, and I gestured to the box and was like, "Quality street, calidad de calle...  Como tu puta madre!" ('Quality street, quality of the street...  Like your whore of a mother!).

"Ai, [my first name]," my one (Mexican) kitchen worker friend who's cool was like as she laughed a bit,  and then she was like, "No good, no good," shaking her head, as she continued to smile a cat's grin.

No comments: