Friday, May 22, 2020

Resthome retirement party.

The other week, a longtime resthome worker retired, this (relatively old) (shorter) (white) woman who might be ethnic, and they ordered in some Popeye's chicken for everyone for lunch and got a cake, and all the staffers in my unit got a free lunch that we got relatively hygienically and then sat down at separate tables to eat at.

They also had some flower bouquets in vases, a photo album, and a large portrait of the worker, which I assume was some kind of gift to her.

(I really don't know her.)

Anyhow, the lunch was ending just when I got on shift, and my one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor told me to go eat right after I ran into her right after I clocked in, so I hustled over there and got some food and sat down and ate my chicken and coleslaw and just kind of chilled out while I did that.

For the first time in my life, I noticed Popeye's Cajun seasoning packets, and I used a couple of them on my pieces of chicken.  They were quite good, and tasted mostly like salt and onion.

I also liked Popeye's coleslaw, which I've never had before and which seems to have little chopped up bits of pickle in it.

Too, some of the (West African) kitchen workers had set up speakers and were playing (West African) music, and the one (middle-aged) (thickset) (bearded) (Ghanaian) kitchen manager got out his phone as this one (younger) (Ghanaian) kitchen worker who believes in juju got the portrait off the table and held it in front of her, then she turned around and stood still, then she started dancing by shifting her (big) ass back and forth in time with the music as the kitchen manager recorded it on his phone, and then she turned around and started dancing and smiling with the retiring worker's portrait held in her arms directly in front of her, her shoulders shifting in time too along with her ass.

And, I wasn't sure if this was a tribute to the retiring worker or if it was something for Facebook or if it was something that was between the two of them, and I couldn't figure out a way to find out about it.

I guess I'll never know.

No comments: