Sunday, December 16, 2018

Kindness on the subway.

The other week when I stood up on the subway and was waiting at the door as the train coasted into the one station where I get off to go to work at one of my jobs,, I put my hands into my pockets to check for my hat, and just as the train was finally coasting in and the doors were about to open, I realized that my hat wasn't in my pocket, so I quickly turned around and glanced back to where I had been sitting, to see if it had fallen out.

And there it was, a black knit blob on the seat, and this (younger middle-aged) black lady in a pink coat with an eyebrow piercing raised her head up to get my attention, as she was pointing at my hat on the seat beside her.

How kind of her.

I nodded at her with a smile, rushed back, snatched it up, and then dashed out the opening doors at my station, without missing a beat.

No comments: