Friday, December 21, 2018

Conversation at the local bar.

The other week I was at the one neighborhood bar that I tend to go to, and this one eccentric (older) (Italian-American) guy who says he's from New York City was in there, and somehow me and him started talking about the November elections and backlash against elites, then Bernie and Trump, then the 2009 financial crisis and the like, and we were talking about all of this last topic for quite some time.

Finally, he was like, "And I know some guys who work down on Wall Street, you know what they tell me when they get drunk?".

"That they want to suck cock?", I was like.

At that, he was stunned, and just stopped talking for a noticeable span of time.

The one quiet artist girl who tends bar heard, too, and though she's usually unflappable, she laughed pretty hard at that, and just looked genuinely surprised at my reply and dumbstruck as she laughed.

No comments: