Sunday, May 6, 2012

Quilting Madness (1 of 2): Pile.

When I was home over Easter, before I went in my room, my mom was like, "Just so you know, that pile on the floor is quilts, I had been keeping them in your room."

I found that odd, since she's kept a few quilts layed out on my bed before and then put them on the floor when I'm home, and I've always known what that was, so I just chalked that up to an over-conscientious mom.

Then, later that night, I went in my room, and there was honestly the biggest pile I've ever seen, like the size of 5-6 stuffed trashbags heaped up, all covered with an old sheets...  That's how many quilts my mom has made (or at least that's a lot of them - some weren't in that pile!).

"Wow, Mom," I was like, "That could be a dead body under there!  I didn't expect that much."

"I told you I had a pile," she was like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mother's quilts are beautiful. I love the quilt she finished for me. Is she going to sell any of them?

el blogador said...

I don't think she ever will. She actually buys old unfinished quilts to finish!