Friday, May 11, 2012

Tutoring Update (1 of 2): Old Student.

Because my one student who's a practicing lawyer and studies Latin is interested in Thomas Aquinas and theories of (natural) law, I asked this one professor of classical philosophy I know for recommendations on Roman works on the subject.

She recommended Cicero's "De Legibus" as the go-to work, so I checked a copy out of the library and looked at it a bit, and it's super appropriate, since Cicero discusses the idea of a universal law, albeit one disguised by the present customs of nations.

I texted my one student to let him know that I found a book I think he would like and would read a lot out of it, and asked him if I should get a copy and save the receipt, and he said just to go get it for him!

He really trusts me...  My parents said that I do a good job, and people would be hard-pressed to find as dedicated a tutor as me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a gifted teacher.