Thursday, April 15, 2010

Updates: Irons in the Fire.

Towel-bar in my bathroom: Installed as of Tuesday.

Census job: Made sure my application was forwarded to the right office (they first sent it to the wrong office), they called me one day for a job while I was in a meeting and said to call them back by 11pm that night, I called them like 3 hours later (around 4pm), job was already given away, but I'm still in the applicant pool.

Bar or restaurant job: Got an interview with a bar near me to be a waiter for their patio (or other jobs in the future as people leave or cut down on hours, esp. around the time that school starts), but the owners said to call me back once I heard back about whether I got into the...

Summer Latin program: Wrote away to the priest like 3 months ago by mail, no word back (he's not online and does not give out his program), no word until the day I get called for the bar interview, and then he mails me this really intense Latin exam to mail back ASAP, so I took 3 days and did one each for the junior and senior level since I don't know where I'd place, and I sent that back and am now waiting for results.

Key: Wrote the building company manager about the front door key (can't duplicate it without permission), he said only leasees can have it and so I can't get another copy, sulked for a few days and then remembered that you don't need permission to duplicate the door-key for the alley door, so if I have guests, I'll use copies of the alley door key and graciously let them have the front door key.

Cool white hat: Went back to Marshall's this weekend, they still had 5 left, bought 2 of them (they're white and stain easily, I frequently lose hats, and people loved this one!).

Book-shelves: Contacted my one (white) friend from Mississippi about taking me to IKEA this weekend, but he can't.

Plants, shoe-rack, coat-tree: Still haven't looked into them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are getting a lot of possessions....

el blogador said...

Not that many... Before I moved I cleaned out what little I had that I wasn't using, fyi.