Thursday, January 21, 2010

Soup: Results.

So, I modified that leek soup recipe. I used all but the very tips of the leeks, and sauteed them in some olive oil, and then I used a big cheap bag of russet potatoes (and a few redskin potatos I had left over) and diced them smaller after peeling, so they would dissolve a lot and thicken the broth after boiling a long time. That worked very well, only the soup is kind of a weird pale brown, when I expected it to be more potato-colored.

I guess we'll see what it tastes like after sitting out on the window sill for a few days... Soups always improve like that.

I wonder if I should have bought better potatoes, but I bought the "8lbs for $1.99" bag to save money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the potatoes oxidized before they went into to pot.

JUSIPER said...

It's racist to use redskin potatoes.